The Plant Team Ltd., Company number 05634089, registered address at Cambourne House, 17 Courtenay Park, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 2HD is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data collected from our customers. Our aim is to provide an exceptional customer service whilst safeguarding the security and privacy of all our customers.
This Privacy Statement explains The Plant Team information, practices and the choices you can make regarding the information we collect and how we use it.
Confidential data or personal data is processed via this website www.theplantteam.co.uk
Careful handling of personal data is very important to The Plant Team and hence we process and secure personal data with great care.
Our processing complies with the requirements of the GDPR legislation (effective as of 25 May 2018).
What information will we collect?
This information includes:
- Your IP Address
- Type of device used
- Operating system on device
- The way you found our website
- The number of pages visited once on our site
- The duration of your stay on our sit
We (The Plant Team) will need the following information to allow you to purchase from us:
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Contact Information (including email address and telephone number)
It is our aim that:
- We clearly state for what purposes we process personal data. We do so by means of this privacy statement.
- We limit the collecting of personal data to the data that is required for legitimate purposes.
- We request your explicit permission to process your personal data in situations in which your permission is required.
- We take suitable security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same of parties who process personal data in our name.
- We respect your right to request to view, correct or remove your personal data.
Data Protection Officer
In connection with the GDPR legislation we can report that The Plant Team does not have a Data Protection Officer, but that we are always happy to assist you with any questions you may have. Please contact us via our website, emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01626 245037
How will your information be used?
Information collected about our website users will be used to update and enhance our website to provide the best possible experience for our customers across all platforms and devices. None of the information collected is personally identifiable.
Information collected from customers will be used to process your order, create picking and packing lists, generate invoices and organise delivery of your plants from all across Europe.
When will we use your information?
Information collected about our website users will only be accessed and reviewed when we make updates to our website.
The period for which we will keep your information
Website usage data will be deleted after 2 years.
Certain customer data – such as invoices – will be kept for 7 years in accordance with Accounting and HMRC guidelines for tax and accountancy purposes. Data held in our Epos system will be retained as long as you are a customer of The Plant Team.
Please note, we promise that we will never share any of your names, or personal details with anyone 3rd party.
Rights of data subjects
Under the GDPR everyone has rights. We will honour these rights in the most suitable way possible. If you have any suggestions or comments, then please let us know!
You can contact us via our website, emailing to email@example.com or by calling 01626 245037
- Information and viewing: You can view what personal data we have processed and stored for you upon request,
- Rectification: If you think the data we stored for you is incorrect, please let us know, and we will correct the data as soon as it practically possible.
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to demand that we delete the personal data we have for you. It is possible that we need to process this data for other purposes (for example administrative purposes and deduplication).
- Limitation: If you think that we illegitimately or incorrectly process your personal data, you can have processing restricted.
- Objection: You can submit objection to the processing of your personal data. Does it concern marketing purposes? We will end the processing as soon as possible.
- Portability: The GDPR contains a new right of the data subject to have their personal data transferred. Please contact us if you wish to use this right.
Additionally, you can do the following:
- Revoke your permission: For example, for receiving e-mailings. Please contact us if you wish to revoke your permission for other types of processing.
- Submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority: If you think that our actions are in violation of the privacy legislation, please let us know. From 25 May 2018, you can also submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
GDPR Right of Access
- To see what information The Plant Team stores about you
- To update / amend this information
- To ask that part of this information is deleted
- To ask that all your information is deleted
On this website you can – if applicable – give permission for the use of the cookies.
The Plant Team is committed to protecting your privacy.
1) What is a cookie
Cookies are small text files which are stored by your internet browser on your computer, tablet or mobile. They are used to make websites work better or more efficiently. Websites are able to read and write these text files, enabling them to recognise you and important information about you – such as your settings and preferences.
Most web browsers will automatically accept cookies, however if you wish to prevent this from happening there is a simple procedure for most browsers that allows you to deny the cookie feature. More information about this is included later.
There are two types of cookies that may be utilised by this website – ‘Session’ cookies and ‘Persistent’ cookies.
A session cookie is used every time you visit our website to give each visitor a unique session ID. We use this type of cookie to track your actions on our website – such as which pages you visit and how long you stay. Session cookies only last for the duration of your browser session – ie, from the time you open your browser to the time you close it. After you leave our website and close your browser all session cookies are deleted. Each time you visit our website you will be give a new, unique session ID.
A persistent cookie allows your preferences or actions to be remembered. It lasts longer than a session cookie and lasts for a period of time specified in the cookie, and will vary from cookie to cookie. This type of cookie is not deleted when you close your browser window but will be stored on your device and activated each time you revisit the website where the cookie was created.
The cookies we use on The Plant Team website allows us to analysis how our visitors interact with our website – for instance which pages are most popular / how you found our website / what type of device you used to view our website. We use this information to help us improve our website – for instance making the website more ‘mobile friendly’ or making sure popular information is easily available on each page.
We Do Not collect any personally identifiable data through the cookies on our website.
3) Managing Cookies
Many popular web browsers can be configured to ask you for your consent before cookies are accepted and stored on your device. Whilst this will give you more control over the data that is collected about you, it may impact on your browsing experience as you will have to accept lots of individual cookie requests each time you load a web page.
You have the right to refuse to accept cookies at any time by configuring your web browser to block all or some of the cookies websites issue. Instructions for how to do this for the most popular web browsers are included below. Please note that by turning off future cookies you may be unable to access some features on the websites you visit or the website may not behave in the expected way.